Apex Legends: add weapon name to damage events

Related Games: Apex Legends

• Feature Description: Add a property to damage events that store the weapon that the player used to inflict damage.
  • impact for my app: mid
  • What is your current pain point? Right now I’m manually keeping track of the weapon by watching the inUse events, but I’m worried about its accuracy.
  • What do you have in mind to solve it? Going to experiment with my method of getting the weapon (explained above)

Hi, and thanks for the feedback.

We will discuss the matter internally, and we will update you here.

Thanks.

Hey,

The inUse event shows both weapon slots (weapon_0 and weapon_1) and also ultimate / grenades / melee and or basic skills.

Would you be able to add a property for the current inUse in the damage event so I don’t need to rely on the accuracy of inUse?

Another key reason for this is that a player can deal damage in multiple ways at the same time. For example, a player can throw a thermite grenade that can inflict damage while they are also shooting another player. In that situation, it would be impossible to track how the damage was inflicted with the inUse event.

Hey again,

Unfortunately we just display the damage values that you can see fired from Apex itself.
Whenever you shoot or throw grenades that perform damage you will see the damage values come up, and they (to my recollection) don’t display the type of weapon that caused the damage you inflicted.

I’m closing this ticket as currently, we are pushing into the backlog only high priority/severity issues and requests. We might add this feature in the future. So feel free to open it again in a few months.

Thanks